- Doctors need your consent to treat you.
- You must understand what they are going to do and you must have a QUALIFIED interpreter.
- You are not the only one who need interpreter, they do too!
- They need a qualified interpreter to understand you and to be able to diagnose your problem.
- You should always use a qualified interpreter, not family or friends.
- We understand that this is not easy and could delay your treatment but it is your right.
If your Doctor has not asked you what your communication and information needs are then you should tell them.
This is a form that you can download by Clicking on it here (insert the Accessible information form)